A new and improved Nutrition Facts label will be appearing on your (U.S.) food products. More valuable information will be displayed to help you make wholesome food choices, including:
- Serving sizes will more accurately reflect what people actually eat.
- Daily values will now include sodium, dietary fiber, and Vit D.
- The “calories” and “servings” information will be more prominent.
- Information on “added sugars” will be included.
- “Calories from Fat” will be removed, but total, saturated, and trans fat information is still listed.
LifeTip: Pay attention to the Nutrition Facts label to be informed! If you need help, connect with one of our wellness coaches.
Adapted from PositiveChoices.com